El Masraweya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A healthier summer for a happier one

+5
Daloo3a
Egyptian Gazelle
YO!
passion
falling feathers
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A healthier summer for a happier one Empty A healthier summer for a happier one

Post  falling feathers Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey guys . the summer vacation is so close that I can smell it ..lol. …so I thought about doing something together during it
. well, I want to have a healthier summer. I don’t want to this summer to be filled with eating junks , sleeping late or sitting on the couch all the time ..no , I want it to be fresher , I want it to be filled with enthusiasm and movement . so I thought why not changing this summer to be the healthiest and the happiest summer ever …. I know what u guys are thinking about , u think that this aint fun and a totally boring thing to do . but believe me u will look better and feel better .. we aren’t going to make much changes really. we’ll only take care of 3 main things : the body , the mind and the spirit , so here’s the plan , I hope u like it :

First the body :

1. Always keep ur body hydrated
Whenever u feel thirsty go drink water , or keep a bottle of water with u all the time and every where . just don’t neglect ur body when it asks for water

2. Eat at least 5 portions of fruits a day

3. Make healthier food choices .
Eat less fast food . and also less sugar and salt. Stay away from fizzy drinks and instead drink fresh juice or simply water

4. Exercise
Exercise for at least 15 minutes a day .u can join a sports club or go for a jog in the nearest park or go to the swimming pool ...u can even make exercising more fun when u do it with a friend ..also take the stairs instead of the elevator . if you’re going to a near place leave the car it’s better to go on foot . if u are talking on the phone don’t sit in ur place , walk in ur house ..u know simple changes make huge differences Wink Wink

5. Snack right
I know we all feel extra hungry in vacations and i donno why . so let’s snack with healthy stuff like dried fruits ,nuts , whole wheat cookies , dark chocolate , yoghurt (i like to eat it with cinnamon and oat, also u can sweeten it with honey ..YUMMO!! ) and popcorn ( iam not talking about the popcorn that they sell in the cinemas , no i mean the home made one with a tiny amount of butter or non at all ) and never snack with chips or all the unnecessary-yummy-but-bad-for-u snacks

6.Sleep early and wake up early
I know this one sucks . i’m not sure that i’m gonna stick to this one my self , but let’s try to do it together ..lol

7.Take care of your skin
Never forget to put sun block whenever u want to go out in the morning .it prevents photo aging and photo damage ( in another way ,u won’t look old early ). And always moisturize your skin .

*****you can cheat only one day in a week ****

Second the mind

Let’s read more books . i know we are all sick of all the books in the world after all that studying , but really there are many fun and interesting books out there waiting for us to read .

Third the spirit

Let’s worship God more
Let’s read at least 1 page of the holy Quran a day , and let’s try to pray Sunnah together .

See it wasn’t that hard , so r u guys with me or not ????
falling feathers
falling feathers

Back to top Go down

A healthier summer for a happier one Empty Re: A healthier summer for a happier one

Post  passion Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:46 pm

thanks!! if u can smell if then i can hear it screaming my name
passion
passion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lebanesepassion24

Back to top Go down

A healthier summer for a happier one Empty Re: A healthier summer for a happier one

Post  YO! Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Oemgee this is a really good idea haha. You know though, everytime I try to do something like this; I end up eating chips and watching movies haha. Laziness sucks.

But im gonna try b/c you know how most women and men are like really skinny/fit right, but when they get married they like get really fat and stuff. Not gonna happen to me lol. So I have to get in the habit now. Thanks for the recommendations especially about water b/c I hate water.
YO!
YO!

Back to top Go down

Post  Egyptian Gazelle Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 pm

I really like this idea, I'm definately in...Knowing me though, I'll probably cheat more than once a week loll.
Egyptian Gazelle
Egyptian Gazelle

http://elmasraweya.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Daloo3a Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:02 pm

ok ill defenitly try this summer i was already planning to eat healthy and excercise to get the ultimate perfect body but yeah 6 for me is out of the question the sleeping and waking up early lol i wake up at like 4 in egypt and sleep at 7 am. so yeah lol

and isA i really want to do the reading the quran more for sure ill try to work on that more isA
Daloo3a
Daloo3a
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GunMan Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 pm

The only ones I do are number 4, and maybe the spirit one.. Sad

To be honest, I cheated on number 4, coz I don't do 15 minutes per day, I do like 30 minutes, but every 2 or 3 days, lol.
GunMan
GunMan

http://www.myspace.com/amghannam

Back to top Go down

Post  lovable babiie aka nemo Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:53 am

exercise....hmm yea for sure i love exercising

anyways hopefully i wont be in australia wen summer comes around
lovable babiie aka nemo
lovable babiie aka nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  falling feathers Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 am

@passion ..LOL

@ Yo! yeah me too . at first i feel so excited and right in the mood for the healthy things .. and then after a week of working outs and eating healthy i start to crave junks and deep fried food ...once i went to the gym and i worked out and every thing , and in the end of the day i had very evil thoughts about ordering a meal from KFC ..and i did it lol ... but after that i felt soooo bad cus the meal had like 1500 cals or more . and it takes 1 hour on the treadmill to burn 100 cals affraid affraid

every body tells me that i'll be sooooooo fat when i get married and have kids affraid affraid hopefully that doesn't happen to us lol

@G.m ..really msA good for u, 30 minutes are very good ...i used to go to the gym in the last summer vacation, 3 days a week ...but this vacation it seems that i'll be working out at home

@ nemo ... me too , i adore exercising especially aerobic classes , they are lots of fun

why don't u want to spent ur summer in Ausralia?
i'm just happy cus u guys are gonna try to live healthier ..yaaaay ..
i hope u just come here every now and then and tell us how is the plan going on with ya Wink
falling feathers
falling feathers

Back to top Go down

Post  m.heezy2010 Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

yeah i was actually thinking of doing stuff like that, esp. the reading one page of Qur'an every morning and praying the sunna.

I actually found a gym near my house and I went two times (or three, I can't remember) but I wanna go more regularly, plus do some stuff at home like push ups, sit ups, etc.

I've already been eating healthier, pretty much, I haven't eaten fastfood in like maybe 3 or 4 months, and I rarely drink soda. I just need to eat more fruits and vegetables, which I've been doing, but I can do much more

I don't wanna spend my summer staying up online playing nightclub city on FB and chatting w/ ppl instead of working out. hahahah

I wanna be working out and working to make money lol

yea
m.heezy2010
m.heezy2010

Back to top Go down

Post  lovable babiie aka nemo Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 pm

@ff:: yeea exercise is great

it just makes u feel ten times betta too

i like my nightly walks ....i can last for hours and usually my parents have to drag me in lol yea

i already eat healthy like i just hate junk it makes me feel sick the only thing i adore is nutella like i cant get enough of that

despite the fact i hate junk i LOVE LOVE LOVE making desserts

and i mean to say that summer in Australia is something i cannot bare ...........usually the first month of summer isnt hot l7l but then it gets flaming......and yea.........but i hope id me in masr ya3ni Very Happy
lovable babiie aka nemo
lovable babiie aka nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Curse of Pharaohs Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 pm

well said , but to my number 6 is impossible not only in summer !
Curse of Pharaohs
Curse of Pharaohs

Back to top Go down

Post  Curse of Pharaohs Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

hmm to me not to my .. typo !
Curse of Pharaohs
Curse of Pharaohs

Back to top Go down

Post  GunMan Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Curse of Pharaohs wrote:well said , but to my number 6 is impossible not only in summer !

Yes same for me, da I had a final exam on 11 AM, I went to sleep at 7AM and woke up at 9AM
GunMan
GunMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daloo3a Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 pm

omg im souped for the summer

im pretty darn sure though i wont be eating healthy though ill try to work out
Daloo3a
Daloo3a
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Egyptian Gazelle Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah, i love workin out too not like lifting weights but running. i looooveeeeee playing soccer and i always go to the park w/ my friends and play but this year they are all going to egypt and leaving me :'(. I really wanna try reading more Quran, that is my priority when summer starts isA.

@LB: I know this may sound wierd, but everytime I read one of your posts I try to imagine it in an Australian accent lool
Egyptian Gazelle
Egyptian Gazelle

Back to top Go down

Post  falling feathers Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm

yeah , that's the spirit i wanna feel .. u guys r the best

msA m.heezy good for u Smile

i have a suggestion , what about making a health and food forum , so we can share our tips and ideas??
falling feathers
falling feathers

Back to top Go down

Post  lovable babiie aka nemo Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:37 am

Egyptian Gazelle wrote:Yeah, i love workin out too not like lifting weights but running. i looooveeeeee playing soccer and i always go to the park w/ my friends and play but this year they are all going to egypt and leaving me :'(. I really wanna try reading more Quran, that is my priority when summer starts isA.

@LB: I know this may sound wierd, but everytime I read one of your posts I try to imagine it in an Australian accent lool

lol ok i guess u guys arent exposed to it as much as we are to the american one

i dunno.........were do u hear the accent?? i doubt any aussie shows play yea?

@FF: yea i like that idea great one

you and ur sis always come up with new forums rabbit
lovable babiie aka nemo
lovable babiie aka nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Egyptian Gazelle Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 pm

lovable babiie aka nemo wrote:
Egyptian Gazelle wrote:Yeah, i love workin out too not like lifting weights but running. i looooveeeeee playing soccer and i always go to the park w/ my friends and play but this year they are all going to egypt and leaving me :'(. I really wanna try reading more Quran, that is my priority when summer starts isA.

lol ok i guess u guys arent exposed to it as much as we are to the american one

i dunno.........were do u hear the accent?? i doubt any aussie shows play yea?

@FF: yea i like that idea great one

you and ur sis always come up with new forums rabbit
lool how haven't I heard the accent before!! lol......

ok i'll try to make the forum asap when i get time
Egyptian Gazelle
Egyptian Gazelle

Back to top Go down

Post  falling feathers Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:28 am

thnx ya 3asal:)
falling feathers
falling feathers

Back to top Go down

Post  Egyptian Gazelle Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey, I've been fulfilling most of these tasks...anyone else??
Egyptian Gazelle
Egyptian Gazelle

Back to top Go down

Post  falling feathers Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 am

yeah .. iam working on them .. good for u gaz Smile
falling feathers
falling feathers

Back to top Go down

Post  GunMan Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

I just finished eating KFC, hope this helps Smile
GunMan
GunMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Curse of Pharaohs Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:49 pm

& I've just eaten pizza
Curse of Pharaohs
Curse of Pharaohs

Back to top Go down

Post  passion Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 pm

i've been eating all the cake and lebanese sweets i got on my birthday yesterday all day today.
passion
passion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lebanesepassion24

Back to top Go down

Post  Egyptian Gazelle Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 pm

loool ummmm.....that's a start Neutral haha

I actually eat whatever I want too but I always try to run after or just incorporate healthy stuff.......the other day I almost finished a whole bag of chips by myself but then I went swimming after so it's all good lol
Egyptian Gazelle
Egyptian Gazelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum